Hypnosis for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or PSTDPost traumatic stress disorder hypnosis treatment.
Hypnosis for PTSD Treatment
Hypnotherapy for PTSD has emerged as a credible, evidence-based treatment option for sufferers of PTSD.
PTSD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, consists of a series of symptoms that arise from a traumatic event which occurs in one’s life.
Some of the symptoms of PTSD are listed below. We mostly hear of PTSD as a result of our military service men and women who are returning from war and combat. It is quite common for soldiers to live in a chaotic environment for a period of time and then have difficulty assimilating back to their “normal” lives upon returning home. A traumatic event can cause any and all of the below symptoms, and people often don’t even realize they have PTSD.
This disorder is not only for soldiers returning from war. If you are the victim of a crime, especially a violent crime, you may be experiencing some of these symptoms. If you have ever been the victim of abuse including verbal and sexual abuse, you may have symptoms of PTSD.
People working in emergency response such as Police, Firefighters and EMT/Paramedics have a high incidence of PTSD because of their work involving traumatic events and situations.
Symptoms of PTSD in Veterans
- Intrusive flashbacks (reliving a violent scene in your mind)
- Nightmares or recurrent bad dreams
- Anxiety disorders resulting in chronic physical pain, body tensions, teeth grinding
- Over reacting to situations with seemingly little control
- Sudden outbursts of rage or temper tantrums
- Unexplained fears or phobias, such as a fear of butterflies
- Sleep disorders
- Inability to relax the mind and the body
- Persistent stress, anxiety, tension, fears
- Inability to concentrate, loss of memory
Hypnotherapy for PTSD Can Effectively Treat the Symptoms As Well As The Underlying Causes of PTSD
Ways Hypnotherapy is Effectively Used in the Treatment of PTSD
- Audio recordings of sessions can be made so that the client can listen any time to relieve symptoms.
- The hypnotherapist works on the specific triggers for an individual to help change the pattern their mind has developed. This will then change his or her reactions to the triggers.
- The hypnotherapist works with the client to identify each trigger so that the client experiences more control over everyday situations which before would have been a problem for them.
- Being in a state of hypnosis is a dissociative state, this means that the client is feeling so relaxed and almost as if they are not in their body or their negative thoughts. Even after coming out of the hypnotic state, the wonderful benefit of the physical and mental relaxation can last for days.
- The hypnotherapist can also teach the client how to use self-hypnosis. This is extremely useful for treating PTSD. It gives the client the ability to be in control and bring peace and comfort to themselves at any time.
So many people are suffering with these symptoms because Cognitive Therapy didn’t help and medication made them feel numb and depressed.
If this is you, please call me at 303-434-4456 for a free phone consultation today!