Hypnosis for Cell Phone AddictionLearn about counseling and hypnotherapy for cell phone addiction.
Hypnotherapy and Cell Phone Addiction
The definition of addiction is: “The psychological and physical inability to stop consuming a chemical, drug, substance or activity even though it is causing psychological or physical harm.
The term addiction does not only refer to substances like alcohol, cocaine or heroine. Some addictions also involve the inability to stop partaking in activities such as gambling, eating, working or sex. In these circumstances, a person has a behavioral addiction.
When a person experiences addiction, they cannot control how they use a substance or partake in an activity, and they become dependent on it to cope with daily life.
Recent research shows that smart phone, cell phone, or electronic device usage is impacting both the physical and mental health of users on a daily basis.
The impact on adults teens and young children has been studied and is different depending on the age of the user, however, if you recognize any of the symptoms of cell phone addiction listed below regardless of age, you may need to address the issue.
- Anxiety – Simply having your phone near you will decrease your productivity, the impact increases with the level of the users’ addiction.
- Stress – Higher stress levels were found in business orientated roles where work life is connected to the users’ device e.g. emails, calls, and appointments.
- Narcissism – People on their phones who get addicted to social media will begin to display self-absorption traits derived from posting constantly about their life or selfies.
- Depression and loneliness – mainly stemming from people on their phones with high social media use (higher numbers in teens).
- Attention deficit disorder – The flow of information can impact the brains’ ability to stay focused on one task for more than a couple of minutes.
- Sleep deprivation – Impacting your sleep can have long-term mental health, memory and learning skills.
- Do you have difficulty completing chores or work due to concentration issues?
- Seclusion from family and friends or using your phone when in conversation?
- Do you mask your smartphone use, e.g. sneak off to the bathroom at work?
- Do you worry that you’re missing out on something when you’re not with your phone?
- Do you feel anxious or irritable if you’re not with your phone?
- Do you have sleep problems?
Hypnotherapy is used to control or eliminate unwanted or compulsive behavior. Addictive behavior regarding cell phone usage or any other electronic device can be treated in this way. If you or someone you care about has a cell phone addiction, please call me to make an appointment to change this unwanted habit.